Effective: June 15, 2020
Hines, which is the developer of Rookwood Commons & Pavilion, is sensitive to the
information you provide to Hines, or Hines obtains from you, through the Rookwood
Commons & Pavilion website accessible at www.shoprookwood.com (the “Site”). By
notices on other pages of the Site so that you may be aware of the information we collect
and how we use it at all times.
The Type of Information We Collect. As visitors browse the Site, Hines collects
information about the visit. For example, via web server logs and browser cookie files,
Hines monitors statistics such as the number of visitors we have to our Site, which pages
are visited, the browsers our visitors use and the domains our visitors come from, but
none of this information is associated with any visitor as an individual. We do this
through Google Analytics, which ensures that all data collected in this manner is
Some pages on this web site use a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is a token that a
server gives to your browser when you access a web site. Cookies are capable of storing
many types of data. Cookies help provide additional functionality to the Site or help us
analyze Site usage more accurately. For instance, our server may set a cookie that keeps
you from having to enter a password more than once during a visit to the Site. In all
cases in which cookies are used, we will not collect personally identifiable information
except with your explicit permission. With most Internet browsers, you can erase
cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a
cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more
about these functions.
- If you choose to submit any personal information on any page of the Site by completing
requests for information or any form, we may collect:
- Contact information (such as name, postal or e-mail address, zip code, and phone
- Your professional information (such as occupation, job title, department, and
name of organization); and
- Content you provide (such as photos and any other comments or information you
provide to us).
How We Use Your Personal Information. When you provide us with your
personal information, we may use such information to contact you about the offerings or
services in which you have expressed an interest.
We may also use the personal information we obtain about you for the following
- Responding to your inquiries;
- Operating, evaluating, and improving our business (including developing new
products and services;
- Managing our communications;
- Determining the effectiveness of, and optimizing, our advertising;
- Analyzing our products, services, websites, mobile applications, and any other
- Facilitating the functionality of our websites, mobile applications, and any other
- Anonymizing personal information and preparing and furnishing aggregated data
reports showing anonymized information;
- Enforcing the Terms and Conditions for use of the Site;
- As may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any
judicial process or governmental agency having or claiming jurisdiction over this
Site or Hines; and
- In other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Personal Information We Share. In connection with one or more of the purposes
outlined in the “How we use your personal information” section above, we may disclose
personal information collected from you to:
- Affiliated companies of Hines;
- Professional advisors and third parties that provide services to us and/or
companies affiliated with Hines (such as IT systems providers, platform
providers, financial advisors, and consultants (including lawyers and
- Providers of HR and recruitment services and other goods and services providers
(such as providers of marketing services);
- Intermediaries, brokers, and other individuals and entities that partner with us;
- Competent authorities (including any national and/or international regulatory or
enforcement body or court or other form of tribunal, where we (or any other
company affiliated with Hines) are required to do so by applicable law or
regulation at their request); and
- Any central or local government department and other statutory or public bodies.
International Data Transfers. As a global company, Hines may need to transfer
your personal data out of the country in which it was originally collected. For personal
data collected in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), this may mean transfers outside
the EEA. You should be aware that these countries may not have similar data protection
laws to the EEA. In such cases, Hines will ensure that there are adequate safeguards in
place to protect your personal information with the aim of ensuring that your privacy
rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy. If you object to your personal
information being transferred or used in this manner please do not register with or use
How We Protect Your Personal Information. We have put in place various
security procedures as set out in this policy. Hines takes the security and privacy of
personal information extremely seriously. We have strict internal procedures which
cover the storage, access, and disclosure of your information.
- The Site uses an SSL certificate, which both verifies our identity and secures the
safe transmission of information between your browser and our server.
- We conduct daily malware scans to detect any malicious hacking attempts, which
may compromise the security of our site.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information. We will hold your personal
information on Hines’ systems for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which
it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory, or internal policy requirements.
Modification of Your Choices and Preferences. Opt-Out Right: If you do not
wish to receive communications from Hines, its affiliates, or third parties (such as home
builders) regarding offers or other third party products and services, you may opt out of
receiving such communications by e-mailing or writing to Hines as provided in the
“More Information” section below; or in the event that you receive an e-mail from Hines
regarding such matters, you may simply reply to the e-mail in question and request that
you receive no further correspondence from Hines regarding such matters. You may
also follow this procedure to change or update information you have previously
provided to Hines at any time.
Your election not to receive promotional and marketing correspondence from us will
not: (a) preclude us from corresponding with you, by e-mail or otherwise, regarding
your existing or past relationship with us, and (b) preclude us, including our employees,
contractors, agents and other representatives, from accessing and viewing your personal
information in the course of maintaining and improving the site.
Your Rights – EU Users. If you are an individual in the European Union, you have
additional rights in relation to your personal information. In particular, you have a right
- Object to the processing or your personal information;
- Request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
- Ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such
personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- Ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the
way in which we use such personal information; and
- Withdraw consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent
such processing is based on consent).
You may exercise any of your rights, or ask questions about our use of your personal
information, by e-mailing or writing to Hines as provided in the “More Information”
section below. You may also use these contact details if you wish to make a complaint to
us relating to your privacy. If you are unhappy with the way we handled your personal
information or any privacy query or request that you have raised with us, you also have
a right to complain to a data protection regulator in the place where you live or work, or
in the place where you think an issue in relation to your data has arisen. A list of
national data protection regulators can be found here.
Third Party Information. The Site may provide you with links to other web sites.
parties, such as through other sites linked to through the Site. Hines is not responsible
for those sites and cannot control the content of what is offered on those sites, or on
limitations on damages and application of the law of the state of Ohio. These Terms of
Use govern our interactions as a legal contract, and we welcome and encourage the time
time you spend on our Site and your support of Hines.
knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 on the Site. If you are
under the age of 13, please do not provide any personal information to us. If we become
aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we
will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our
Rookwood Commons & Pavilion, our affiliates, and those agents we use to provide
services on our behalf. When we say “Site”, we mean www.shoprookwood.com.
regardless of which country you may be writing from, please write to:
Rookwood Commons & Pavilion
Website Privacy Contact
Madison Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45208