The most festive time of year is filling all of us in the Tri-State with holiday cheer. You can feel it in the air: from the perfectly wintery days and cozy nights in, to the joy-inducing holiday decorations and the heartwarming holiday songs…it’s all around us. And this year feels all the more special to us.
For nearly two years, we have seen how the community has come together more than ever before. We supported one another in every way possible, whether that was showing kindness to strangers or focusing on family. This is truly what the holiday season is all about. Now, we know that the 2021 holiday season may not look exactly like the holidays of decades prior just yet. But, with continued support for one another, we can lift everyone’s spirits.
If you are planning holiday get-togethers over the next few weeks, be sure to follow all CDC’s recommendations and determine how you can safely congregate based on any updated guidelines. Current recommendations include:
- Get vaccinated if you’re eligible.
- Encourage all attendees to be tested before gathering.
- In the event that you’re not feeling well, stay home.
- When you do get to the holiday party, be diligent about hand washing and other clean habits.
- If you plan to stay inside on a cold, wintery day, be sure you’re in a well-ventilated space.
The thing is, not every home is set up well for a safe and comfortable holiday gathering. But, rest assured that all of our shops and restaurants are continuing their safety measures to maintain the strong sense of community throughout the holiday season.
- Schedule a safe shopping trip as a family. Added bonus: this is the easiest way to really know what is most appreciated, especially for those that are the hardest to buy for.
- Get your holiday dinner at one of our restaurants. The teams have worked hard to create the incredible dining experience you want with the proper safety measures you expect, no matter if you’re dining in or carrying out.
Even if you aren’t gathering in person, you can still enjoy the sense of togetherness with all your loved ones. The trick is to embrace the feeling of closeness with family and friends, no matter where you are. By now, we are all pro’s at video chatting. Virtual family dinners and holiday happy hours from home might be the best option for you and your loved ones. And, with the help of the shops at Rookwood Commons and Pavilion, you can spread holiday cheer safely and easily to everyone on your list, wherever they might live. No matter who you have to shop for, you can get it all right here:
- For your Littlest Ones: Stop by Carter’s, Gap Baby or Gap Kids for the cutest outfits everyone in the family will adore.
- For the Health-Minded Family Member: A prepaid class package to Cyclebar or Club PIlates will be a gift that keeps on giving. Even if your gift recipient doesn’t live in the area, they can use their gift card at their local studio.
- For your Outdoorsy Friend: They’ll feel fully equipped for winter activities with a gift from Carhartt, Athleta or REI. And, all you last-minute shoppers will appreciate being able to send in-store orders directly to them.
- For the Most Fashion-Forward Female Friend: Something from Evereve, DSW or Nordstrom Rack is sure to bring a smile. Not sure what size they wear? Gift cards are the way to go.
After you find the most thoughtful things, the next step is getting those gifts to your friends and family, even if you aren’t hand delivering. We love having The UPS Store conveniently located right in our shopping center. It allows us to check off our holiday shopping and shipping in one stop. This is especially helpful this year, as many are still holding off on traveling for large family gatherings.
No matter how or where you celebrate, we at Rookwood Commons and Pavilion want to wish you the most joyful December. Let’s keep the holiday spirit alive all month long and well into the new year!
Happy holidays, everyone!