Happy November, Rookwood family! We can’t believe we have made it to the second to last month of the year, which means that the Thanksgiving holiday is right around the corner. On the one hand, this year seems like the fastest of our lifetimes, a complete blur of irregular schedules and unusual habits. On the other hand, it seems like 10 years wrapped into one, filled with countless hours of livestream calls, social distancing in public, and unique staycations.
This time of year, we all tend to be a bit more sentimental as the Thanksgiving holiday nears. Of course, this year’s celebrations will most likely look a little different. But as we look back to 2020, we at Rookwood Commons and Pavilion feel especially grateful, no matter if it hasn’t been anything like we could have predicted. We can’t help but feel so much gratitude to everyone in our community.
Today, we’d like to express our gratitude to each and every one of you.
First and foremost, thank you to our front line workers. You put yourself out there for the good of our Cincinnati community. Thank you for the sacrifices you have made every single day throughout this pandemic. We can’t thank you enough for taking such good care of our loved ones and neighbors. You have inspired us more than you know!
If you aren’t a front line worker, we invite you to help us spread the love to our local heroes:
- Make a yard sign with your children and post it outside.
- Run errands for your neighbors who work in healthcare. To find a busy front line worker in need, post a message on your neighborhood’s NextDoor page.
- Follow all of the CDC’s recommended health and safety guidelines to help slow the spread of coronavirus.
Now, we would like to take a moment to thank all of the store owners, managers, and employees of Rookwood Commons and Pavilion. We are especially proud of our own type of “front line workers.” They may not be helping people heal in hospitals from this disease, but they have kept our community thriving and smiling, even in times of uncertainty. We were so impressed by the incredible ingenuity and perseverance by each of our store’s teams throughout this pandemic. You came up with creative ways to keep our visitors safe, taking the time to thoroughly study all CDC recommendations and create the best in-store practices and safety guidelines fit for your businesses. We can’t thank you enough for all that you’ve invested, from the gallons of disinfectants and other cleaning products to the hours spent every day staying up with all the extra cleaning steps.
If you don’t work at a Rookwood shop or restaurant, we invite you to help us show the love to our teams:
- Be respectful of all fellow shoppers and staff members by following all social distancing guidelines.
- Always wear your mask properly. Please be sure to cover your nose and chin at all times while shopping inside. We know you’re smiling underneath. We will be, too.
- Respect any extra safety measures each Rookwood business has set in place. You’ll find things like hand sanitizer stations and easy-to-navigate signage at every shop and restaurant that will guide you along the way to a safer shopping experience.
Last, but certainly not least, we would like to give thanks to you, our Rookwood visitors. We couldn’t do any of this without you! Thank you for supporting our shops and restaurants from the initial shutdown when we had to close our doors all the way to today in this new reality. Your loyalty, kindness, and sense of community is what helped us keep doing what we love all year long. We are so grateful to be a part of the Cincinnati community. Thank YOU!
We at Rookwood Commons and Pavilion hope you feel the same sort of gratitude for your fellow community members, even after living through the craziest year in recent history. Let’s all take a moment to give thanks for the little things that now seem like the big things.