We Cincinnatians are feeling the love throughout the Tri-State. And while some of you may be boycotting the Valentine’s Day holiday coming up mid-month, we at Rookwood Commons & Pavilion will take any excuse to celebrate any type of love.
Sure, we love a romantic candlelit dinner, but our community offers more than just the lovey-dovey stuff. From familial love to loving friendships to self-love, you can honor all the matters of the heart in all types of ways at our shops. Here, you can find special items and memorable experiences for everyone you care about.
Today, we’re highlighting three of our favorite ways to express your love this Valentine’s Day. At Rookwood Commons & Pavilion, you can:
Connect with the Heart
What better way to connect with a loved one than with great conversation over an equally awesome meal? At Rookwood Commons & Pavilion, we have plenty of choices for every occasion and taste preference.
- Start your day with breakfast at First Watch with your kids or coworkers. The chance to connect outside your regular routine – and to share some of their million dollar bacon – will put a smile on your face as the sun comes up.
- Gather a larger group to share family style dishes at Buca di Beppo. Whether relatives by blood or by choice, sharing really is caring here.
- Enjoy a more intimate meal with a special someone, from your favorite Galentine to special Valentine, by indulging on a steak dinner at J. Alexander’s Redlands Grill.
Show Your Heart
Distance often prevents those special in-person connections. But that doesn’t mean you can’t share the love with your friends and family who live the furthest from you.
- Snag a Valentine’s themed outfit from Carter’s for your littlest love. Just make sure there hasn’t been a recent growth spurt if it’s been months since your last visit.
- Find the perfect winter wear at R.E.I. for your outdoorsy nephew. Think of it like a warm hug from afar. No matter the sport he’s into, you’re sure to find something he loves.
- Pick out the trendiest accessories from Nordstrom Rack for your most fashionable friend. The tiniest earrings can make a big statement – and you’ll cut back on shipping costs.
Speaking of shipping, we make it easy here at Rookwood Commons & Pavilion, to get your package to your loved ones. In addition to our incredible selection, what makes shopping here even more convenient is our on-site UPS store. Here, you can send your gift immediately after purchasing and get it all done in just one trip.
Improve Heart Health
In addition to celebrating love this month, we are focusing on heart health. And it’s not just us. Known as American Heart Month, February is the perfect month to refocus on your heart health. Heart disease affects people of all ages, so try one of these three ways to improve your heart health at Rookwood Commons & Pavilion.
- Take a heart-pumping class at Cyclebar. The incredibly energetic instructors combined with powerfully inspiring music will get even those completely opposed to cardio training to move. Invite a loved one to join you to make a special connection. After all, there’s no bond quite like pushing through a workout alongside a friend.
- Pick up a bar of pure dark chocolate from Maverick Chocolate. Studies show that dark chocolate is good for the heart (and for the soul).
- Get new athleticwear at Athleta to motivate you to get back to your regular workout routine. We recommend visiting on Saturday mornings when they host their free workout, led by a fitness professional from a Cincinnati-based studio.
If none of those sound appealing to you, show your support for heart health with a new piece of clothing. Snag a new red sweater at TJ Maxx to support National Wear Red Day® on February 7th.
At Rookwood Commons and Pavilion, you can find what you love for all you love. We’ll see you at the shops soon!